Name change in Voter ID card is a very common issue faced by Indian citizens. Most of the times there is mistake in first or last name of an applicant and after marriage name change is required. So these are the only two reasons when people need correction in their name by Electoral committee. The process of changing name is very easy. Below are the steps:
- The first step is to download the form 8A. Click here to download the form here Form8 in pdf format here You can either download the form o can get from the electoral office.
- Now fill the form very carefully as changes needed by you will only reflect once the election will come, so every wrong step will lead to elongate the process. That’s the reason never forget to cross check it twice.
- In the form the last section i.e. section four is to rectify the details which are incorrect, so check mark the relevant field and attach the proof for it with the form. Suppose you have incorrect date of birth mentioned in Voter ID card then provide any of your Date of Birth certificate for proof such as 10th admit card, ration card etc.
- Do not forget to put your signature in the bottom of the form as the absence of which will lead to cancellation of form
- After you are done with the form filling then the next step is to submit the form to the nearest electoral office.
After you have submitted the form then you have to wait till the elections are in news as then only they will issue you the new Voter ID card in which you can see the appropriate details which was requested. If you have good relation with any of the member of Electoral then the time duration of wait can go short.