Voter ID is an important document for your identification. If you are a resident of Hyderabad, you can apply in person or online to get the voter ID card. The Hyderbad city is situated in Andhra Pradesh. Not only Voter ID is the most important document for voting but also it acts as your identity card, when you travel outside or book train tickets. Voter ID is also important as identification, when you apply for anything.
The procedure for applying for Voter ID card in Hyderabad
- First of all, you need to attain the age of 18 to apply for voter ID card. This is the age, when you are eligible to vote.
- You need to search for the Tahsil office of your locality, where you can avail FORM-6 for application. The Tahsil office was earlier known as Mandal Revenue office.
- You need to fill up Form-6 with all the relevant information and add your latest passport size photo to it. You can staple or paste the photo on the box in the form.
- You need to submit the duly filled in form along with the proof of age. You can submit the photo-copy of your secondary school certificate, where your age is mentioned.
- You can apply in the post-office and the procedure for filing the application is the same.
- The facility of applying online in the website of is also available. You just need to login to www.ceoandhra.nic.in. There you can download the Form-6 and after filling it online, you can submit along with the copies of other supporting documents needed for filing the application..