Voter ID card is an extremely important document, issued by the government of India. Unless you apply and secure it, you would not be able to vote. It is a “must” for proving your citizenship. This document becomes immensely helpful, while you apply for a bank loan or train ticket and whether you live in any part of India including Gujarat. When you travel outside, voter ID can help you in securing accommodation in hotels and tickets in the modes of transportation.
A voter ID card has your relevant details for identity, such as name, father’s name, sex and age. As per the norms with government of India, anyone above the age of 18 can vote in the elections. But the basic criteria for this are this minimum age and voter ID card. Several states have made provisions for applying online for Voter ID card.
Gujarat, being a leading state in India has also made similar provision and now you can apply online for your Voter ID card.
How Gujarat people can apply online for Voter ID card?
- Please log in to this page.
- The webpage will show you the map of Gujarat with the areas mentioned in it.
- On the left side of the page, under the main menu, there is link > For Voter. Click on it.
- Then, the options for voters’ facilities will be shown.
- Select > Search your name in Voter list.
- Fill up the form that the webpage will give you and submit to see whether your name exists in the voters’ list. If your name already exists, then it is alright. Else, you will have to apply on line for inclusion of your name in the voters’ list.
- Come back to the home page and under the main menu, bring the cursor down on the > Forms download .
- Go to the option “Forms for Voters” and click on it.
- On this page you will see the first link “Registration of Name in Electoral Roll – Form 6”. You will get Form-6, which is required to be filled up for the inclusion your name in the voters’ list. Unless your name and details are registered, you will not be able to get Voter ID card.
- Read the form carefully and after downloading it, fill it up carefully. You can submit this with other documents of proof at the office of the Electoral officer.
How I can enroll for Voter Card via Online Registration?
- You can also do your online registration. Login to http://ceo.gujarat.gov.in/form1_english.aspx and on the right side of the page, various options are available.
- First you can clear your doubt regarding any thing by calling the number “1950”.
- Then search your name and booth level officer and then next click on the “Online voter registration”.
- Then click on “new registration”.
- As the form will be displayed, fill up giving all your details.
- Register your details.
- You will get your voter ID card after some days.